If you want to appear in JEE (Advanced) – 2017, you are required to appear in the Paper-1 of JEE (Main)-2017. Click here to know eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE (Main) – 2017.
Note down JEE Advanced Eligibility criteria:
1) Only top 2,20,000 candidates (including all categories) qualified in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) – 2017 will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) -2017.
The percentages of various categories are: 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these four categories, 3% horizontal reservation is available for PwD (including Dyslexic) candidates.
2) Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992 (October 1, 1987 for SC, ST and PwD candidates). SC, ST and PwD candidates has got 5 yrs of relaxation.
3) Maximum Attempts: Maximum number of attempts are restricted. A candidate can appear consecutively 02 times. Students who appeared in 2016 exam will be eligible for 2017 exam.
4) Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination: A candidate passed 12th exam in 2016 is eligible. A candidate who is appearing in the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2017 is also eligible. Note that Candidates will have to re-appear in all the subjects in class 12 exam of 2017 (for improvement of result or because they failed in one or more subjects in 2016). However, candidates who appeared in Class XII (or equivalent) examination in the academic year 2014- 15 but their results were declared after June 2015 are eligible.
5) Earlier admission at IITs/ISM: A candidate should not have been admitted in an IIT in the past. Candidates are also not eligible If their admission at IITs earlier was cancelled. Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2016 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017. The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat by reporting at the reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2016 are also eligible.
PERFORMANCE IN CLASS XII (OR EQUIVALENT) BOARD EXAMINATION: The candidates should satisfy at least one of the following two criteria for admission to IITs and ISM:
(1) Must have secured at least 75% (65% for SC, ST and PwD candidates) aggregate marks in the class XII (or equivalent) Board examination.
(2) Must be within the top 20 percentile(category-wise) of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.