Get details of Common Entrance Test – 2016 for admission to Professional Courses in Karnataka. The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2016) is conducted for admission to Government share of seats in Engineering, Medical, Dental, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga, Ayurveda, Architecture, Farm Science courses in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka. KCET is for Karnataka candidates and for the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrates.
KCET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination from the universities listed in the notification.
- The candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 2nd PUC / 12th Standard in 2016 is also eligible to appear in Common Entrance Test KCET 2016.
- Kannada Language Test: The candidates who are eligible for Government seats under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses (c and d) and whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava, will have to undergo a Kannada language test which will be scheduled only in Bangalore Centre; therefore such candidates will have to appear for the KCET 2016 in Bangalore Centre only. The minimum passing marks for such candidates shall be 12 out of 50 marks in Kannada. However, if such candidates have studied 1st standard to 10th standard in Kannada Medium from the places outside the state of Karnataka need not appear for Kannada Language Test.
- Practical examination for Agriculturist Quota: Agriculturist Quota is applicable only for Farm University courses. Candidates claiming eligibility under Agriculturist Quota will have to appear in Practical Examination. Minimum of 50% marks in Practical Examination is required to claim seat under Agriculturist Quota. Practical Examination will be conducted at Bangalore, Hassan, Mandya, Raichur, Mysore, Munirabad (Koppal District), Arabhavai (Gokak Tq) Tamaka (Kolar District), Mangalore, Bidar, Bagalkot, Dharwad and Shimoga.
- The candidates who are claiming eligibility under special categories such as Sports, NCC, Anglo-Indian, CAPF, ExCAPF, Defence and Ex-Defence must submit their special category documents to Karnataka Examinations Authority, KEA office, Bangalore, during office hours in person invariably on the dates notified.
Get eligibility for KCET 2016 Engineering / Technology (B.E. / B.Tech) courses. Click here.
Get eligibility for KCET 2016 Architecture (B.Arch) courses. Click here.
Get eligibility for KCET 2016 following Form Science courses. Click here.
B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)
B.Tech. (Food Science &Tech.),
B.Sc.(Ag. Marketing and Co-operation)
and B. Tech (Agriculture Engg)
Get eligibility for KCET 2016 Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) courses. Click here.
Get eligibility for KCET 2016 B-Pharma courses. Click here
Get eligibility for KCET 2016 2nd Year B. Pharma courses. Click here
Get eligibility for KCET 2016 D. Pharma courses. Click here
KCET 2016 Time Table:
KCET 2016 ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Candidates should submit KCET application form through online to become eligible for admission to Professional Courses through Karnataka Examinations Authority. Visit Website Karnataka Examinations Authority
The KCET 2016 online application form process is in two phases. In the first phase candidates will fill the details and can edit the data any number of times. In the second phase the candidates have to select the declaration. Once the declaration is done, there is no provision to change / edit / delete / add any information to the entries already made by the candidates.
After declaration candidates should select bank from the list and download the challan for making the payment at the respective bank.
Get detailed KCET 2o16 Application Form information. Click here.
KCET 2016 Important Dates:
Following are the important dates of KCET 2016:
KCET 2016 Exam Centers:
The candidates who have studied their qualifying examination within Karnataka will have to appear for the KCET 2016 in a Center within the district in which they have studied 2nd PUC / 12th standard / equivalent examination.
The candidates who are eligible under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses will have to appear for CET – 2016 in a test centre located only at BANGALORE. For the information of the candidates the list of places of examination is given below: